Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Experience in Puerto Rico




Having more than 4 years of AIESEC XP before joining the MC team in Puerto Rico has been one of the most challenging experiences. Being an international MC member in the team, I get to know about the Puerto Rican culture. And after spending some months in Puerto Rico, I get to understand my own impact in the society and how AIESEC has forever changed some of the lives here in Puerto Rico and of course my own life. It is the reason and the drive for me to be in Puerto Rico, a place where it is very much interesting and where i need to build a lot of things to achieve the results, it is the difference because it makes you to do more, definitely is the best desicion that i made in my life because it is challenging my own world view.

My experience does not only involved AIESEC work. Puerto Rico has such a rich culture and so much to offer for tourism, I have been spending my weekend traveling over the island... They are all amazing tourist sites that you wasn't want to miss! Being able to see all of these has been really incredible for me. I have gone through all these cultural experiences I wouldn't be able to get otherwise in Mexico. Besides the cultural experience, the network, both inside and outside AIESEC that I've gained in these months is amazing! Working professionally in AIESEC has improved my professional and personal skills at work and made friends for life!!
this amazing experience that I had experienced was only some months of my term! I really can't wait to see how my next half of the year would go and how i will be at the end on my term with this experience.




and also having my internship in Triple-S the second company in Puerto Rico it gave me a lot of experience in Corporative Social Responsability, with this internship i have the opportunity to be the Project Manager and to elaborate the first social report alignment with the framework of the Global Reporting Initiative, definitely it allows me to work with excellent Puerto Rican people and have the opportunity to have contact with the President of this big organization and to have more knowledge and experience in CSR also it is amazing experience to invite you to come to Puerto Rico.

No comments: